This site is owned by William Scherkenbach.
Executive career in operations and quality management spans world-class enterprises, multinational manufacturing organizations and entrepreneurial ventures, with consistent success in improving quality while reducing cost. Dell, Tokai Rika, Samsung, Ford, US Department of Defense are a few of the organizations that have benefited from my technical and transformational leadership.
Extensive European and Pacific Rim (China, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan) supply chain experience.
I am characterized by peers and senior management alike as a collaborative and decisive leader with the highest integrity.
• DFSS, TSS
• Change Mentor
• TPS, Lean Flow
• Customer Delight
• Innovative Problem Solving
• Mentoring MBBs/BBs/GBs
• Blended Learning
• MiniTab, JMP
• Developed from scratch a lean Six Sigma organization at Samsung that had an ROI of over 350% in the first two years.
• Assessed and aided process capability improvement in First Tier electronic suppliers for Dell in China, Japan, Malaysia, and Taiwan.
• Taught and mentored over 200 BPI project teams that saved over US$100 million for Dell.
• Saved over US$1 Billion in cost which was driven by achievement of world-class levels of Quality as Corporate Director of Statistical Methods at Ford.
• Led DFSS portion of re-engineered Product Development Process that saved US$2 Billion at General Motors.
• Developed and implemented a 40 course computer/satellite/facilitated curriculum for Quality education and training at General Motors.
• Taught and mentored MBBs and BBs from Tyco, CertainTeed, Cummins, and 3M at SBTI.
• Reduced lot holds by 50% at Samsung with automated SPC system.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY Stern School of Business, New York, NY - Master of Science Degree
US NAVAL ACADEMY, Annapolis, MD - Bachelor of Science Degree
American Statistical Association Fellow University of Texas CPE Board of Advisors
ASQ and ASA Deming Medal Engineering Society Gold Medal
ASQ Board of Directors (past) Quality Insurance Congress Board of Directors (past)
"He was my student, and there's none better in the world... It takes a little ingredient called profound knowledge, and he's got it."
W. Edwards Deming